Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
So President Trump has taken his next move on the trade board with Chinese imports an additional 10 tariff is set to hit 200 billion of Chinese goods coming into the U S starting Monday This follows the initial 50 billion in goods from China that have been taxed already in hopes Trump
The shale industry has hit a bit of a rough patch, with pipeline bottlenecks, cost inflation and a crowded field contributing to a drilling and production slowdown. But many in the industry are confident that the lull will be temporary. There are several strategies that shale companies are starting to pursue, such
This may end up being the century of the four-day work week, as companies begin experimenting with previously unheard of productivity tricks and studies seem to confirm their findings. In the end, research is increasingly showing that workers might end up being more productive if they work less. It’s about quality
By Nat Stewart ByNat Stewart I am going to keep this quick as the idea is timely Select income REIT SIR has agreed to be acquired by Government Properties Trust GOV Shareholders will receive 1 04 shares of Government Properties Trust for Each share of Select Income REIT
It s that time again between main earnings seasons for most publicly traded stocks but which contain a few key leaders in their respective industries posting results this week We ve lately taken to calling this time period Earnings Island Usually Earnings Island contains the same
If you have been awake and paying attention at any point in the last year or so it should come as no surprise that trade and tariffs will be the main subjects of interest this week for market watchers. It is, after all, that way just about every week. There is a danger that the constant drip, drip of trade-related
The rise in oil prices brought about the recovery of Norway’s oil industry, with companies lining up plans to invest in boosting oil production on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS)—surely most welcome news for Western Europe’s biggest oil and gas producer, which faces a decline from the mid-2020s onwards if new
iStock photo Will FedEx ( FDX ) deliver the where it matters the most? The package deliver giant is set to report first quarter fiscal 2019 earnings results after the closing bell Monday. Depending on who you ask, FedEx could see some struggles down the road if Amazon ( AMZN ) follows through with its own
It would seem mounting trade tensions between the U.S. and China will continue to hang over financial markets — at least for the foreseeable future. Following a report that President Trump still wants to levy $200 billion worth of tariffs on Chinese goods, U.S. equities ended Friday’s trading session lower than they
A veritable smorgasbord of economic data crosses the tape ahead of the last trading day of this week All of it will be grist for the mill when the Fed reconvenes next week to decide on interest rate policy hint it s going up What today s data will more likely inform are the forward
With the major stock indices all edging higher again and close to record highs, it is only natural that some investors are getting nervous, even if only on the basis of “what goes up must come down”. Nervousness, however, is an emotion and it is common knowledge that basing investment decisions on emotional responses
Another historically impressive account on 160 Initial Jobless Claims 160 has crossed the tape ahead of today s opening bell with a mere 204K initial claims down 1000 last week from an upwardly revised 205K the previous week This points to a stellar U S labor force currently one
Ahead of Wall Street this morning most everyone will be dialed into 160 Apple Inc s 160 AAPL 160 annual September event at which consumers can see the latest and greatest from the world s biggest company The event kicks off at 1pm ET today and takes place at the company
The U S has several holidays designed to promote reflection of times hard fought in the history of this country Memorial Day Labor Day Veterans Day etc But although it is not an official holiday no single day on the American calendar brings this level of reflection as high as does
To kick off a new week in the U S indexes we see a few inter weaving themes CEOs stepping down for different reasons and expectations from Apple Inc 160 AAPL 160 as well as its suppliers Les Moonves is exiting CBS Corp 160 CBS the company he d run for more than 20 years