Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
Every week, I have been forecasting a slowing economy based on the significant decline in rail movements. This week I add sea containers and truck transport to the list. Transport overall is strongly suggesting the economy is slowing. The February year-over-year import/export container count growth was
Pre market futures are down at this hour following downward trading across the globe overnight The Dow is currently registering 150 points in the red the Nasdaq is down 325 points and the S amp P 500 14 The 160 Purchasing Managers Index PMI 160 in Germany came in disappointingly
Following the recession, central banks around the world used bonds of various kinds as tools in their attempts to reflate the global economy. With hindsight, that seems to have worked, even despite fiscal policies that were generally unhelpful. But there has been one big negative. The massive purchases of bonds
Like most Thursdays today s pre market brings us fresh 160 Initial Jobless Claims 160 data with results close to where they ve been for most of 2019 thus far 221K last week amounts to a drop of 9000 claims from the previous week s slightly upwardly revised 230K Still toward the upper
By Colin Symons, CFA There are two basic ways to invest in the market. You can either stick your finger in the air and invest however the wind is blowing or you can have a process, a lens through which to view a broader spectrum of factors to invest assets. It seems obvious to me which way makes the most sense,
The Federal Open Market Committee FOMC or The Fed are finishing up their latest two day meeting today These are the events whereby interest rates are raised lowered or kept at current levels Right now and since the last Fed raise in December of last year rates are at 2 25 2 50 This
Shutterstock photo One should always be careful not to overreact to earnings reports that are released outside the “season,” the few weeks after the end of the calendar quarter that sees the bulk of corporate earnings released. The demands of the twenty-four hour news cycle means that they tend to attract a
By Avi Gilburt A few weeks ago, I wrote an article entitled “Bonds Setting Up To Skyrocket,” and boy did I get a lot of pushback in the comments section. And, when I see so many who are still very bearish of bonds, it tells me that I am likely on the right track with my expectations for higher in the coming
By Samuel Smith BySamuel Smith See Samuel s earlier article on Brookfield Asset Management BAM here See Samuel s earlier article on Brookfield Asset Management BAM See Samuel s earlier article on Brookfield Asset Management BAM herehere
Don t look now but 2019 may be shaping up to continue an Initial Public Offering IPO market that had been dormant just a few short years ago This year may have gotten off to a slower start than the past 2 years 2019 only has brought 2 IPOs to market thus far compared with 6 at this stage
Shutterstock photo The Fed will start their meeting today, and everyone seems to think they know what’s coming. There will be no rate hike, and stocks will move higher. The first part looks just about certain, the second, not so much. At the end of last year and early this, the FOMC members -- the central
On an economic metric front we have currently embarked on a relatively slow week Aside from Thursday s weekly jobless claims report and PMI numbers both manufacturing and services later in the week we don t see many potential needle movers scheduled ahead of the bell any day this week
This week we saw (finally) the price indices for February 2019 consumer prices, producer prices, and import prices. All showed low inflation, and generally downward trends. What is interesting is that historically recessions have not occurred when the rate of inflation slows (or is low). Recessions
Market futures are up following closes in the green in Asia overnight as sentiment regarding a finished trade deal between the U S and China has remained positive The Dow has finished up in 3 of the last 4 sessions and Nasdaq is on pace to close higher for the 11th week in the past 12
New February results on 160 Import and Export Prices 160 have hit the tape this morning with both headline numbers hotter than expected Imports reached 0 6 from the 0 4 estimated and Exports also hit 0 6 from 0 1 anticipated These numbers depict energy driven growth as we