Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
By Chad Rixse, CRPS® It’s easy to feel spooked or pessimistic about the financial future with the endless material online. While there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest a recession is anywhere near , that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared. Financial preparedness should be built and maintained regardless of
Thanksgiving is a very American holiday, and not just because that is where it originated. To me, as an immigrant to this nation, one of the best things about the national psyche here is the propensity to be thankful. The families of almost all Americans have, at some point in their history, been the victims of
It s a truncated trading week with Thanksgiving this Thursday Of course this means 160 Black Friday 160 the traditional day of the year when retailers all across the country change the ink in their ledger books from red to black also happens this week which is also a half day for
In past posts, I have stated that the pundits expectations of a devastating trade war was overblown. For October, there were a record number of loaded sea container imports that passed through the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. The graph below shows the significant growth of import containers in October.
Shutterstock photo For most retailers, the 2018 holiday shopping season will present their biggest opportunity of the year to engage with customers. It will also represent the bulk of their annual sales. As a result, this time of year is crucial for retailers to achieve success. With that in mind, current
It s almost as if a perfect storm of negative sentiment has descended on the markets in recent times from open critiques of Federal Reserve interest rate policy to tech leaders like 160 Facebook 160 FB 160 coming under fire for unsavory business conduct to plummeting oil prices
Today, the European Central Bank (ECB) President, Mario Draghi, made an interesting comment. The amount of times that happens can be judged by the fact that when you enter “Mario” into Google, the suggestions include a lot of “Super Mario Brothers” themed searches along with several other Marios, but you have to get
Some days there s just not much to talk about ahead of the opening bell for regular trading if there are big fluctuations in pre market activity often we must look overseas or to a particular company s unique set of circumstances to help explain the move Today is not that day we have plenty
There is no need to take any action to halt the decline of oil prices that started a month ago, even though it accelerated sharply yesterday, with both Brent and WTI shedding 7 percent and more inside a day, Russia’s Energy Minister Alexander Novak said, as quoted by Reuters. Novak was speaking at an industry
New 160 Consumer Price Index CPI 160 numbers were just released this morning following the Producer Price Index PPI that hit the tape last week These metrics track economic inflation in the U S based on how companies are pricing their offerings compared with how much customers
Global oil demand will peak by 2040, according to a new report, although oil supply shortages could emerge before then. The International Energy Agency (IEA) published its highly-anticipated World Energy Outlook 2018 on Tuesday, one of the most important energy forecasting reports published each year. In this
After a blood red Monday in the U S market indexes including more than 2 sell offs on both the Dow and Nasdaq including a 600 point drop in the Big 30 we see some green across the board in today s pre market albeit relatively slight A negative supply outlook for 160 Apple 160
On the surface, things are going well in America. The unemployment rate — at 3.7 percent — is at its lowest level in decades . Annual wage growth recently hit a nine-year high. And the latest figures from the Commerce Department show that the U.S. economy continues to grow. But that doesn’t mean all Americans are
As traders get ready for Thanksgiving next week, it seems that they are being anything but thankful. Rather than concentrating on the good news about the economy that keeps on coming, the market is casting its thoughts far and wide to find things to be concerned about. That worry is focused on three things, all of
Following the celebration of the 100 year anniversary of Armistice Day which brought an official end to what was then referred to as the war to end all wars in remembrance of all U S veterans we celebrate Veterans Day today It s a bank holiday and while the domestic stock market is open