Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
With the partial U S government shutdown extending its longest period in history at this time next week should it remain closed it will have been for longer than a full month we do not have updated information on Retail Sales for December shedding some light on 2018 holiday shopping
At long last we finally see our first pre market of the new calendar year with multiple earnings reports from major companies in the S amp P 500 We even get new data on the Producer Price Index PPI this morning as well as Empire State results for January In short we re glad to bring you
Pre market futures are soundly in the red this morning following discouraging trade data out of China Exports which had been expected to come in at 0 6 year over year have fallen instead to 4 4 The pales drastically to the previous read of 5 4 Imports were even worse at 7 6 more
The fourth quarter earnings season is finally here. And one way or another, all of the concerns investors and analysts have had regarding a slowing global economy, impact of the trade war and the effect of rising interest rates on corporate profits will be revealed — if not within the numbers themselves, certainly
There is a general downward trend of economic data. Many are forecasting a recession in 2019. I am not convinced that the downward momentum will lead to an economic contraction. This post also reviews the major economic releases issued this past week - although several scheduled releases including factory orders,
Pre market futures this morning are down again although when we ve woken up to red indexes ahead of the opening bell in past days this week we ve managed to finish in the green each time The markets are currently riding a 5 day winning streak as astutely pointed out by Zacks Exec VP
Welcome to day 20 of the government shutdown over a $5-billion border wall that’s taken the SEC offline and put the future of ready-to-go Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) at risk. As of December 27 th , the SEC had only 285 of its 4,436 employees working, even though the agency’s electronic system for filing
We re certainly not above tooting our own horn here at Zacks but we try to be somewhat dignified about it when we do and only when it s truly justified Currently we see ourselves with an excellent opportunity to crow about the developing trend in the stock market first spied by Zacks
For newcomers to the stock market, or any financial market for that matter, one of the hardest things to come to terms with is the frequency with which the market reacts to news in a way that seems completely illogical. Sometimes it is just a matter of digging a bit deeper. An earnings report that shows a bottom
“The outlook for the global economy in 2019 has darkened.” That conclusion came from a new report from the World Bank, citing a variety of data, including softening international trade and investment, ongoing trade tensions, and financial turmoil in emerging markets over the past year. “Storm clouds are brewing
"Bull markets are born in pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” The above quote came from John Templeton, who made a name for himself during the height of the great
This morning with no economic reports expected to inform investors with new macro data our pre markets up once again today are turning to public commentary from Fed presidents along with the release of minutes from the Fed s last meeting at which time interest rates rose another 25
While even the most likely new pipeline to ship more of Alberta’s crude oil to refining and export markets—Enbridge’s Line 3 replacement—is nearly a year away at the earliest, the province hosting most of Canada’s oil production has been desperately seeking other ways to get more value for its natural resources.
We awake today with pre markets back strongly in the green including a 200 plus climb on the blue chip Dow Jones index Obviously we re still a ways off from the heady days of last summer fall when major U S indexes were hitting all time highs of robust labor strong consumer confidence
In the U S today despite the lowest levels of inflation volatility in the last 60 years policy makers and market participants alike place an excessive focus on the Federal Reserve s 2 inflation target in our view To understand how we ve arrived here we think it useful to provide context