Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
This week Q2 earnings season heats up in a big way with roughly 60 companies in the S amp P 500 reporting earnings As per typical early earnings season is heavy with financial institutions although we also expect results from big non financial names like Netflix 160 NFLX 160
Putin/Trump: If you watch financial TV you could be forgiven for believing that the meeting between the two Presidents is the most important thing happening this week, by far. However, whether you regard today’s summit as a further sign of a necessary thawing in U.S./Russia relations or what Stephen Colbert
The long awaited unofficial start to Q2 earnings season is finally upon us with this morning s influx of major Wall Street banks reporting results including 160 JPMorgan Chase JPM 160 Citigroup C and 160 Wells Fargo WFC These arrive as roughly 5 of the S amp P 500 have
Protectionist trade policies have really been whipsawing the market. The S&P 500’s seven-day defiant rally in the face of ongoing trade war bluster has suddenly been stopped in its tracks after president Trump escalated China tariffs from $34 billion to $200 billion —or at least has threatened to. The latest move
A recent post from the International Monetary Fund suggests slower productivity growth is a cause of slow employee pay growth. The chart shows that worker compensation (the red line) has increased just 2 percent or so each year, on average, since the Great Recession, down from 3½ percent in the
Matching yesterday s Producer Price Index PPI figures this morning we see results for the Consumer Price Index CPI a headline read of 0 1 is a tick below expectations PPI numbers came in 10 basis points hotter than anticipated but 0 2 when we strip out volatile food amp
We re still pretty quiet here on the Western front awaiting the deluge of Q2 earnings results that begins with the spigot opening for big banks JPMorgan 160 JPM Citigroup 160 C 160 and Wells Fargo 160 WFC 160 among them Friday before opening up to the publicly traded
Oil prices have spiked more than 13 percent in the past ten days , with WTI touching $75 at one point, the highest since the 2014 price crash. The factors that have contributed are quite vivid. Trump’s request that Saudi Arabia increases its production by 2 million bpd and the ensuing fear regarding the spare
Market indexes are blossoming over the past week or so even as global uncertainties begin to pile up regarding trade tensions with China and other important commerce partners leadership issues in the U K ahead of tomorrow s NATO meeting in Brussels and elsewhere But there is a bright
Is gold price manipulation a real thing or just another of those myths that have gained popularity in financial and investment circles? Manipulation in this context is defined as a purposeful effort to control gold prices. A section of gold investors believes that gold prices are systematically manipulated,
The oil industry might not be able to produce enough oil to meet global demand in a few years’ time. To be sure, much of the oil world is focused on the supply fears in the near-term. The outages in several OPEC nations, plus the tightening noose on Iran from the U.S. government, could lead to a supply shortfall
Kicking off a new week of trading we see everything s gone green apologies to Bernard Sumner major indexes gold and other precious metals even foreign markets overnight closed up We can see why here at home with new employment numbers Friday continuing their robust multi year upswing
If it seems as if we’ve been talking about trade tension between the U.S. and China all year, it’s because we have. And I expect “trade fears” and its accompanying “headline risk” to continue for the foreseeable future. But is that enough to sell out of equities, especially as strong Q2 earnings are set for
A couple fresh headline numbers for our Friday morning and they are big and strong 213K new jobs were created in the month of June according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics BLS monthly non farm payroll report and the new Unemployment Rate is 4 0 Both numbers are higher than had
Remember Wimpy in Popeye saying " I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today ." This is the way consumer debt works - it allows one to purchase today borrowing money with the promise to pay back tomorrow. I am not talking about home mortgages here as shelter is necessary whether one rents or buys. As you